Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

2011 Acadia the blower fan works fine, the temperature will

Customer Question

2011 Acadia the blower fan works fine, the temperature will change from hot to cold fine. the direction of the air is from the dash vents only. Which side is this actuator located on?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The number 2 is pointing to the mode door actuator.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This the one that I have taken out. My replacement part has pins labeled 10,9,7,6,5 the original has pins labeled 10,9,8,6,5
Did they send me the wrong part? Should I be able to see the actuator move when I plug it in and turn the control from dash to floor and defroster?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Actuator Recalibration

When replacing the HVAC control module it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC control module be sure to perform the following:

IMPORTANT:

Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

1. Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  2. Disconnect the scan tool.
  3. Install the HVAC control module.
  4. Connect all previously disconnected components.
  5. Start the vehicle.
  6. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.
  7. Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.

When replacing the HVAC actuator it will be necessary to allow the HVAC control module to perform a calibration process. When installing the HVAC actuator be sure to perform one of the following:

IMPORTANT:

Preferred Method (w/Scan Tool)

1. Clear all DTCs.
  2. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
  3. Install the HVAC actuator.
  5. Start the vehicle.
  6. With the scan tool, initiate the Motor Re-calibration feature of the Heating and Air Conditioning Special Functions menu.

IMPORTANT:

Alternate Method (w/o Scan Tool)

1. Clear all DTCs.
  2. Place the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  3. Install the HVAC actuator.
  5. Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.
  6. Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse.
  7. Start the vehicle.
  8. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.
  9. Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did this but there is no difference. I took the HVAC fuse (15 Amp) from under the dash on passenger side. Again, does it matter that the pins on the new one are not the same?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Are you sure you have the correct part? Was it purchased at the dealer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it was not. it was purchased through RockAuto I have never had an issue before.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I have not purchased one from there, yes usually they are pretty good.