Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet

The drivers side seat belt latch is jammed or has stopped

Customer Question

The drivers side seat belt latch is jammed or has stopped working. Trying to figure out how to remove the latch to replace or repair it.
JA: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?
Customer: It is the drivers side latch on my 2008 GMC Sierra and it has not been replaced.
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet, but looked at it to remove it and it appears to be part of the seat.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is pretty much it. The latch just seems to be jammed and will not accept the male seatbelt part.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 9 days ago.

Hi and thank you for the question. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. To replace the drivers seat belt buckle, you first have to remove the seat. There are four (4) bolts under the seat which hold the seat secure to the floor. Once the seat is removed, remove the buckle bolt. It's a rather large Torx bolt typically, size T50 or T55. Install the new buckle and bolt the seat back down to the floor. It normally takes approx. a 1/2 hour to replace the buckle on the drivers seat. I hope this helped. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Did you receive my response regarding the seat information ok? If so, thank you so much for using and thank you in advance for a FIVE star rating. Have a wonderful day!!