Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified with 25+ years experience.

I have small amount of water coming out of my 2007 GMC Yukon

Customer Question

I have small amount of water coming out of my 2007 GMC Yukon Denali at the driver's foot pedal and the passenger's left foot area. The air conditioner blower motor has quit, it used to come on and off. What do you believe is the problem. I appreciate all the help that you can give me. Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 days ago.

I don't' think they are related and the water could be from the evaporator drain hose or tube logged up and can usually be unclogged with a little compressed air, no much like 10 psi or so, the water could also be a rain water leak if the floor gets wet when not running the ac and instead after or during a rain storm, especially if you have a sunroof or lights installed on the roof. the blower not working would also not be working when it's on heat and could be several things, such as the blower motor itself going up, which I doubt, cause they usually either work or not and make a noise when the begin to fail like a bearing noise spinning. It could also be a loose electrical connection on anything along that blower motor circuit which includes any switches, resistors, grounds and fuses. I will provide you with the wiring diagram shortly.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 days ago.

I will need to know though, if this is an automatic or manual air conditioning system?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 days ago.

Actually, it's late and I am going to bed, so I'll just give you both diagrams, You might also want to have the trouble codes retrieved from all of the computer modules to see if any refer to that blower motor circuit and/or that blower motor control module.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No leaks when it is not running. Heater is not working either. Sometimes when I start it up, I do hear a noise sounding like it is coming from under the hood though.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 days ago.

No leaks when what is not running?

the heater is not working or the blower motor also doesn't work when the controls are on heat?