Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Just got my gmc yukon its a 2016 bad clunk from drive into

Customer Question

just got my gmc yukon its a 2016 bad clunk from drive into reverse literally only gas 300 miles and also rattle from the tail pipe on acceleration weird. Can you help me.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I just got it
JA: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ITs brand new I would take it to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

Does the clunk seem to come from the rear of the vehicle, directly underneath the front seats or the front end?

And vibration on acceleration or steady speed above 45mph?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Rear clunkVibration from stop
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, most likely the driveshaft rear ujoint is defective or less likely but possible is the rear differential pinion bearing.

This is most likely also causing the rattle in the tailpipe. The vibration will cause the tailpipe hanger to move and due to design where the tailpipe is very close to the rear axle it can hit it some and create the rattling sound

You will need to set up an appointment with the dealer and have them check the rear ujoint and the rear pinion bearing and replace as needed under the new vehicle warranty.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.