Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience GM certified
2947720

Been working on 08 3500 because the shop owner has been out

Customer Question

Hello, been working on 08 3500 because the shop owner has been out from surgery. I do heavy truck repair and its a duramax. So I come to the shop Thursday and find this truck dropped by the door. I call the owner which owns 8 379 petes. He ASK ME TO REPAIR. I repair the no start problem. Rhen I learn there is a clean exhaust filter warning on DIC 1 filter at rear is new, lines broken to valve. replaced lines, still have warning. cleared using prolink Iq[
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 121,000 customers truck, have no clue about mileage
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I run a heavy truck repair business for the last 13 years, I am repaibg truck as a favor to a truck owner that I take care of
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the first contact messdage says it all
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwiiv1fp0zkgtri/CLEAN%20EXHAUST%20FILTER%20MESSAGE.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks