Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Truck won't restart after shutting it off to go into a store

Customer Question

Truck won't restart after shutting it off to go into a store for ten minutes. Like it's starving for fuel.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Seems to happen after it reaches operating temperature. Always starts after it sits a good while and cools back off.
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: Not to bad of a gas hog, no more than usual for the H3. It's about time for it to die I think, it had almost 300,000 miles. I hear for an h3 that's amazing.
JA: What year is your H3?
Customer: 06 hummer h3
JA: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried swapping the fuel relay with another and checked fuses and searched any broken wires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I have also replaced nearly every sensor under the hood and have a temperature sensor on the way. I did have a couple melted wiresults that were on the o2 sensor. I replaced the sensor and had to solder the wires on the harness. I made a very nice and clean repair to the harness wires with shrink tubing and solder. I didn't know if those wires could be repaired like that, or if the harness needs replacing. I'm showing continuity through the repair.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
After the truck sits for a while it starts up, but never on the first try.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
A fuel pressure check with a pressure gauge reads withing tolerances. I can't remember exactly what it was when checked.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I would appreciate someone to help me, because this thing is getting to be every time I shut the vehicle off. Seems like warmer weather makes it happen more often. Not to be an ass, but I suppose I'll ask for a refund if nobody is going to reply or help me out.

Was the fuel pressure checked when it will not start?

During the downtime does applying full throttle get it to start?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 26 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris