DanielJones, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC

I have a 2005 hummer h2 with 80K miles. I have notice the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 hummer h2 with 80K miles. I have notice the last several days that DRL are not coming on. Head light and all marker light come on in the Auto position. I have drove for over 10 min, stopped shift to neutral and checked no DRL
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: yes on both and both good
JA: Are you fixing your H2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will try to fix myself, however I am not a mechanic by any means so I will take it to a GM dealer if repair is extensive
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: lambient light sensor on dash is free of any obstructions, I am not sure on how to remove bulbs from DRL
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DanielJones replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can see if there are any Service Bulletins?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here you go Vin. 5GRGN23U6511125974 2005 h2 hUMMER

It is possible that the bulbs are bad.

Attached is the replacement procedure.

I also have the wiring diagram if there is still a problem.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Man I hate to be a pain in the A__. on this issue. let me bring you up to speed since you shot me the first answer. From my home 37 miles into town. 15 mins stop and go traffic through town appox. 45min drive time. Pull into my first stop. H2 in park ignition off close the door lock the truck. go in do my business 20 min lap. unlock hummer with key fob start the truck reverse out of parking space. There in the relection of the store window the DRL light are brightly burning. 25 miles Next stop. complete shut down, 30 min meeting back to truck. , pull out this time the only reflection in the window is headlights and every marker light brake lights, license plate light all on expect for the DRL.
I think I can assume that the DRL bulbs are good. I will go get two new bulbs and replace them as suggested. Mean time any other thoughts on this issue
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i want to thank you for your time and effort on this matter. I was able to find someone with wiring schematics, and will be helping me trouble shoot this DRL.