GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2012 GMC Acadia my battery keeps dying just put a brand new

Customer Question

2012 GMC Acadia my battery keeps dying just put a brand new one in yesterday now it won't start and it seems like everything won't turn off when I cut the car off
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No they're not
JA: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Two new batterys
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thought the AC was still on when I got in it yesterday but the vehicle was not even crunk for an hour I know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 1 month ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue. I'll do my best to help. It sounds like the battery may not be the problem. Do you have an Amp meter to check for parasitic draw? It sounds like something in your vehicle is being powered up when it shouldn't or not powering down when it should. Make sure nothing is left on or powered p through a power outlet. With the vehicle completely off and doors closed, do you notice anything remaining on? Any abnormal sounds?