Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 - Heating & Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2003 Hummer H2 when I turn on the AC does not blow

I have a 2003 Hummer H2 when I turn on the AC does not blow cold but when I turn the AC off and put it on 60° you can feel called by the fence if you stick your hand up by it but if you put the fan on full blast and it is not blowing out how do I fix this and why is it blowing cold with the AC light Off and not on

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

1- we need to have the free - on level checked, using test ac gauges hooked up to low and high side ports ,can you do that or if you done that what where the readings?

2-is the ac compressor cycling outside in engine compartment if you pop the hood and look while running ?

3- is the fan running when ac is on in the engine compartment ?

4- how many miles on H2?

5- has the ac ever been serviced, like put on ac machine , recover ,evacuate, vacuum 45 min ,check for leaks and recharge complete

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you put your hand up to the vent you can feel cold but it is not blowing like the fan is not working

ok if the ac compressor is running you think,

then we need to check the blower motor

that supplies air to the inside cabin, if the compressor is running outside and cooling .

the cabin air filter needs inspected

2003 Hummer H2 V8-6.0L

Save Article

1. Remove the sound insulator panel. 2. Disconnect the electrical connector (2) from the blower motor (1). 3. Remove the screws from the blower motor (1). 4. Remove the blower motor (1) from the HVAC module (3). 5. Remove the retainer from the blower motor impeller. Discard the retainer. 6. Remove the blower motor impeller from the blower motor (1).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the location of the blower motor

passenger side under glove compartment ,take the glove box off for better access

inside the heater box

you have take the sound insulation and it will be behind it

this is the part # and the labor to take off, it only calls for 0.6 hrs to replace

2003 Hummer H2 V8-6.0L

Save Article

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Blower Motor

Blower Motor

part # 88986838 $134.36

Contact Dealer for most current part and price information

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Front

B 0.6 labor hour

Let me know if you need anything else on it ,just reply back here & we can continue troubleshooting

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician