Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 - Heating & Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

We pulled the stereo and these is power to it. I was going

Customer Question

We pulled the stereo and these is power to it. I was going to get a new one but now the dome light dims and comes back on, the driver's door never automatically locks, the door lock delay no longer works, today the airbag light came on, the coolant sensor dings at will and the taillights are flashing every time I come out to my car if I used the key remote to lock the doors. I'm afraid the car has lost it's mind! Any thoughts?
Category: GM
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

hey how are you

let me look up few the circuit diagram for it , there is few things we can check .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanx. I don't have the stereo in the car right now if that makes any difference, but the other plugs are plugged in.
It's okay
Let's Starr's with simple things
1-do we have a good battery 12volts ?
2- do have a good alternator charging 14 volts plus while running with all loads on a/c , headlights, flasher etc.. ?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I assume yes because I have no issues starting it but I haven't checked. Is it time to take it in to the dealer for service? I am considering replacing it because of all the recalls for this model. I don't want to put a ton of money into it but I like the car so if I save it for 500 or so I will.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have owned the car for 4 years and I have the oil changed regularly, etc. I haven't had any issue with it until recently. I'm wondering if it's getting tired. It has 129,000 miles on it. I have never even seen the battery.
Well , how many miles on it ?
if we have a weak alternator it will cause all these crazy problem you mentioning ,129k is going up there that is when they start to give issues ,just matter of wear & tear