K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

I have a 2015 GMC sierra 1500 cab with the 5' 9" bed that

Customer Question

I have a 2015 GMC sierra 1500 king cab with the 5' 9" bed that rides like a lumber wagon. so much for professional grade. is there any way to get a more sophisticated ride out of it?? I recently rode my brother in laws dodge 1500 same cab and bed that rides like a cadilac.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have lowered the back with longer shackles, took out the overload spring, and lowered the front with a drop spindle kit. not changing the front suspension. I was thinking of going from the 20" wheels and low profile tires to 17" wheels with a fatter, softer riding tire.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: same rough ride, no fluid
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nothing
Category: GM
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 months ago.

Hello, you've defintely lowered it properly, the next step will be a more luxry ride type shock and the 17" wheels with higer sidewall height tires. Unfortuntely it's never going to ride as good as the dodge as it uses a coil spring rear vs the leaf spring set up on your truck.