FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

I have a 2006 H3 check engine light on stready, rough idle

Customer Question

I have a 2006 H3 check engine light on stready, rough idle at start up and at a stop. Hesitation on acceratation .The plugs, coils, oil & oil filter, air filter changed. Mass air and throttle body cleaned. Fuel has been changed and burned through, refueled to full tank with additive but the problem has not been resolved. Can anyone tell what else can the issue be?
Category: GM
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the computer has been scanned for codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I have not taken the vehicle into a shop or dealer. I'm trying to fix this without a huge expenses, But if it's necessary that I should, then I guess it's come down to that.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for getting back with me. Since the check engine light is on the best thing to do would be to have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you have this done and bring me the codes it will help to diagnose the problem. Most of the time this is caused by either a vacuum leak or an issue with the variable valve timing solenoid.