Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience GM certified
2947720

A/C will work fine but sometimes when I park for a hr or so

Customer Question

A/C will work fine but sometimes when I park for a hr or so the compressor won't come on. When it works it's great but when not it's junk.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Yes, not power to compressor when it's not working.
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2002 Envoy
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No power to compressor, thinking it's the controller? No power to low pressure switch either.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It happens only when you shut the engine off. If it cranks and works it will stay working. But when you crank it up if it doesn't work it won't start until
You shut it down at some point. You can't shut it off and it'll restart it will only start when it's ready too.
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. It involves a software update for the HVAC controller and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ymk0ukwstx3q1o/AC%20itermitently%20inop.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks