Pete, GMC Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealership technician and training.
14928985

I have a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha, well ive been to a few

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well ive been to a few dealers and they have been NO help
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i have a P0101 code for about 2 months now
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: i have reset multiple times now i have a P0054 and P0060 as well
Category: GM
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already had the MAF changed twice and only this week have i gotten the codes for the O2 and have had both of those changed. I have also had the Throttle Position sensor changed and the manifold pressure sensor. I have also changed the manifold position sensor. None of these have corrected or even helped the problem. Also the car sometime seems to have absolutely NO POWER what so ever and gets very bad gas mileage
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
codes have all been reset multiple times
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen a restricted catalytic converter cause all of these codes here and the no power issue.If an exhaust back pressure test was not done I would have this done to see if this is an issue with a restricted exhaust with the catalytic converter needing replaced.

If this is tested and found o.k. then I would have the intake checked for any vacuum leaks as this can cause this issue as well.

Exhaust back pressure should not exceed 1.5 psi at any rpm range.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete