Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

Every time I turn on the Ac the engine idle up and down and

Customer Question

Every time I turn on the Ac the engine idle up and down and eventually stalls out at a stop
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: No check engine light on and doesn't stall when gas is pressed
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 2003 GMC Envoy
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I took it for a diagnostic check and they found nothing because the check engine light wasn't on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I got some under body work done on it axel and rear end drive
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait and that you are having this problem

99 % of these 2003 Envoy's doing this exact thing are caused by dirty throttle bodys causing the computer to not be able to control the idle correctly

usually a good throttle body cleaning will correct this issue

if by a rare chance it still does this after it being cleaned the only other thing that would correct this issue is reprogramming the computer with updated calibrations to correct that idle issue

but most are corrected with the throttle body cleaning

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

how are you making out ?