K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

I have a '89 chevy s10, RWD, 2.5L. I already changed the

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a '89 chevy s10, RWD, 2.5L. I already changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pump relay, and the Fuze that connects to the computer. Fuel pump is running but no power is going to the fuel injector.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: I'm unsure of the miles, but it has been sitting for about 2 years. If gas is put into the throttle body then it'll start up. Just not shooting out of the fuel injector, and it has been replaced. Texted the wiring itself and no power
JA: What is the model of your '89 GM?
Customer: S10
JA: Huh?
Customer: It's a 1989 chevy s10 RWD 2.5 L
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have been. And I've changed out the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay, fuel filter, Fuse going to the computer and fuel pump was changed about two years ago
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you have power on the "ECM 1" fuse with the key in on and start position?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do

Thanks, ***** ***** red wire from the injector to the splice. At that spice the injector, EGR and ECM get power from that fuse. IT's likely a problem there. I'll postthe wiring diagram below, let me know what you find and we can work further if needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you don't mind, where is the fuse box for everything under the hood?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is it under the E-break or is it located elsewhere

It's all in the one by the E brake

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, I do not see a EGR fuse here

The one you want is ECM1 it's a 10 amp

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh I've already changed that out because truck wouldn't crank

That fuse also sends power the the EGR valve, injector and ignition input of the ECM. IFthe fuse is good and has voltage check the wire from the injector to fuse for continuity with an ohm meter to se if there is a break or short.