Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GM Diagnostics/Repair

2009 Yukon, will not shift out of park. Lever moves, not

Customer Question

2009 Yukon, will not shift out of park. Lever moves, not engaging
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

If the shifter lever is moving but the transmission is not shifting out of Park, the first thing to check here is the shifter cable to range selector linkage at the transmission. Under the vehicle, on the driver's side of the transmission, inspect the cable linkage for broke n or misaligned parts. If the linkage checks ok, the linkage inside the steering column to the shifter lever will next need to be inspected. For an image view of the inspect points at the transmission, click here:

If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again! Ron Z here,
I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.
Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to rate, please do so now!