Pete, GMC Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealership technician and training.

New battery won:t turn over .Its in park on nothing, both

Customer Question

New battery won:t turn over .Its in park on nothing
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: both new voltage up and load test all good
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 07 3500 6.6 4 wheel allison
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: itdid this with original batts 7yrs replace with new same thing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: should I check starter also when I turn key lights on dash go out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If when you turn the key to start the engine the dash lights go out this usually indicates that the ignition is sending a signal to crank over the engine.This issue here is most common caused by a fault with the starter motor itself.Locate the smaller wire at the starter and test it for battery voltage while someone is trying to start your vehicle and if it has battery voltage and the larger wire at the starter has battery voltage then the starter needs replaced.This is most common for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hey Pete ,doing this questing thing is new to me .I though first it was free but I charged $26 right away please credit me or Iwill call the bank to reverce charges
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete