GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

The running boards are not working properly. Passenger side

Customer Question

Hi! The running boards are not working properly. Passenger side remains down but driver's side is up.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Also, on the control panel, rear right and left tire pressure keeps flashing, but tires are good.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the pressure?
Customer: 112,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes - hoping something small
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started googling issues and you came up - ha!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The power running boards on these things are problematic by nature.. the road salt, water, dirt, dust, etc, etc get in the motors and over time they stop working.

What year, make and model is your vehicle?

I generally advise my customers to just manually put them up and unhook them when it happens unless they actually need them. Theyre just too expensive to maintain.