Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc

2003 in reduced power mode restart eng and works while

Customer Question

2003 in reduced power mode restart eng and works for a while getting worse???? help..
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: 2003 1500HD went into power reduced mode several times. shutoff eng restart problem fixed but returns, now doing it all the time. I'm an experienced ACFT Mech 7 passenger jets lot's of wiring ect so am mech inclined.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: 160000 no wiring diagram without buying something from GM
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I can't help but think it is a wiring problem or a sensor or stuck relay.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: not that I can think of works fine when working.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 4 months ago.

Really the only thing that will set a reduced power message in your truck is the throttle body, there is two sensorsin it and they aren't seeing correlation, clean the connector at it thoroughly, tighten the pin tension and make sure the wires aren't corroded at the connector, perform a global reset( disconnect the battery and touch the cables) then retest and see if your issue is still present. There was a lot of problems with those throttle bodies and the electrical connectors at them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok will do. I will respond with results

Keep me posted.