Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

I hv a h3 2008 hummer. My stirring wheel will not lock, and

Customer Question

I hv a h3 2008 hummer. My stirring wheel will not lock, and my key will not come out. It will not make a sound. No lights, nothing. Totally dead.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a hummer. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It has been cranking and running fine, till this happened. I can not move gear shift at all. Button can not be moved.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's not to much trouble. I live in the country. So there's no help here.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your hummer?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of, or can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

will it do anything with a jump start ?

has the battery been tested for cold cranking amps and for bad cells yet ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can not even put it in another gear to push it out from under top, to try and jump it off. I've had it on a charger all day. Nothing.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

can you be sure both battery cables are clean and tight ?

remove them and clean then and reconnect them back to the battery ?

if you do and it still does this then remove the battery and have it tested for cold cranking amps and bad cells the odds are with NO electrical power at all the battery is bad or the battery cables connections are bad

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
how are you making out ?you can always get me back through this post for free with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswerif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer