GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2004 Chevy avalanche rear wheel drive with a code

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy avalanche rear wheel drive with a code co226. ABS applys at low speeds during braking
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: coming to a stop at low speeds the ABS lights come on and the brake pedal pulsates real bad
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: one of the front wheel sensors tested bad so I replaced both front wheel sensors
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: does the ABS pick up the signals through the VSS on a*****
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
the 226 code is specific for the LF wheel speed sensoryou have what is called unwanted ABS activationwith the front wheels off the ground does the LF wheel have any up and down play with the tire on with one hand at 12 and other hand at 6:00 position on the tire ?