Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience GM certified

GM ENVOY: My 2003 GMC Envoy's A/C system works great when first

Customer Question

My 2003 GMC Envoy's A/C system works great when first turned on. However, about 10-15 minutes later it shuts off. I replaced the accumulator last fall, and have checked the low pressure switch, including jumpering the switch. However, the compressor pump does not turn on. If I start the vehicle after a couple of hours, the A/C works again. Can you tell me what's going on?
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Do you know if there is power, (and ground) to the compressor clutch when it is not coming on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
That would be the first thing to check, thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
where do I find terminal points to check for power?
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
At the dark green wire to the compressor clutch. With the engine running and the AC on. Please see attached diagrams..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
If it has power and ground and the compressor is not coming on then the compressor clutch is bad..Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address, Thanks