GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The gear shifter button won't push in. Stuck in park JA:

Customer Question

The gear shifter button won't push in. Stuck in park
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am stuck in park. The gear shifter button on the side of the shifter won't push in
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I need to get home
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took the boot off just to take a look
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need a response please I am stuck here
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Do you have brake lights with the engine running and brake pedal pressed?