Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

03 tahoe. Po335 code. Replaced crank sensor now wont start

Customer Question

03 tahoe. Po335 code. Replaced crank sensor now wont start at all and still throwing po335 code. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Was shutting off going down road. Intermenrent miss. The. Finally nothing. Checked code and had po355. Replaced with an acdelco part and still no start. After clearing codes. I crank with no start and sets po355 code again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I pull up this code info.
If the crank sensor has been replaced and is getting signal then inspect the sensor wiring for damaged wiring or connector pins causing a loss of signal to the PCM
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I verify signal?
Common Problems That Trigger the P0335 CodeDefective Crankshaft Position SensorFaulty or corroded Crankshaft Position Sensor wiring or connectionsDefective Camshaft Position SensorRough running/misfiring EngineCommon MisdiagnosesCrankshaft Position Sensor is replaced when the cause is a defective Camshaft Position Sensor Crankshaft Position Sensor is replaced when the cause is a poor connection or chafed wiringCrankshaft Position Sensor is replaced when the cause is a misfiring engine
Plug in with a scan tool that reads live data and watch for RPM signal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is not getting rpm signal on scan tool.
Thanks for the info. Either mechanically the sensor is not reading or there is a wiring issue between the sensor and PCM
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could the can sensor be an issue or will it throw its own code?
Cam sensor could also cause this code to throw. Click this link for the PCM pinout diagramPCM Pinouts
the crank sensor has three wires to confirm are good signal to the PCM, B+, Ground, and signal. The pin locations are in the link I posted
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There isn't anything but autozone at the link.
when I click on it it works.... Look at the center of the page.It is there ..... autozone has schematics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I check for power, signal, and ground and it dosent have it what do I start on? The wiring?
Yes that is correct. Test for continuity between the sensor and the PCM for a break in the wiring