GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I got 1998 gmc Yukon will not start cold a pour gas in throttle

Customer Question

I got 1998 gmc Yukon will not start cold a pour gas in throttle body and it will crank once it is warm it will stay running and start all day
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 1998 gmc Yukon will not start cold
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new fuel pump fuel regulator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your gmc?
Customer: I'm getting a code P1351
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 5 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist have you checked the fuel pressure??? low fuel pressure is a common reason for this issue. if you dont have a tester, you can get or rent one from a parts store. the code is for number 1 ignition coil voltage which is a separate issue from the fuel delivery issue Roy