Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 35 years, Foreign/Domestic repairs

GM ck1500 pickup: why can I not fine the small clip that has

Customer Question

why can I not fine the small clip that has a portion of gasket from air intake to throttle body on a 98 Silverado 350 vortec motor
Category: GM
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry in that I do not know what clip you are speaking of by description,. Can you take a picture of the item/area in question and send to this post? I am sure this will help me, Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you can open the below jpg
Got it thanks. That is called the hinge clip for the air intake resonator, In the picture? it is broken off the lower edge of the air intake, the plastic part, it is not the throttle body part but rather part of the air intake resonator tube assembly. That would be dealer item or junk yard. You can see if you look close at the clip, it has plastic on the edge, that6 broke for the plastic intake, here is a file to look at showing it
also, look at this picture link, see the clip? I am sorry out of focus, its part of this part and see on ebay etc