GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2002 envoy every once in awhile will not start. Lights and

Customer Question

My 2002 envoy every once in awhile will not start. Lights and everthing works. Then finally after doing nothing except trying to start it it will start. You never know when or if it will start it is very frustrating.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not much else to say no ryme or reason. I don't hear clicking from inside car. All lights and radio , windows , seats work.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes nothing wierd about the sounds they all normal when you turn key just the car will not start.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Don't know what to try.
JA: Is there anything else the GM Mechanic should be aware of about your GM?
Customer: don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,Just to be clear, when it won't start you don't hear a single click noise from the starter or anything?