Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician

What is my axle ratio 199 chevy silverado with VIN# *****

Customer Question

What is my axle ratio for a 199 chevy silverado with VIN# *****
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what is my axle ratio for a 1999 chevy silverado with VIN# *****
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no just tow a trailer
JA: OK! The GM Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,I can find anything you need to know from your VIN,There is a broadcast code stamped on the front of the RH axle tube, (passengers side).Can you give me the code please?Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello there,Do you still need help?GM only states the ratio from the broadcast code.I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Regards Gary