George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+years ASE Master W/L1 Drivability
13574682

GM SIERRA: I CHANGED MY BLOWER RESISTOR ON A 2004 GMC SIERRA

Customer Question

I CHANGED MY BLOWER RESISTOR ON A 2004 GMC SIERRA 1500 5.3-- 8 CYLINDER AND NOW THE AIE IS NOT PUSHED THROUGH VENTS. THE BLOWER IS BLOWING BUT IS NOT COMING
Category: GM
Expert:  George H. replied 10 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Have you pulled the blower motor? You should and see if you have debris in the blower cage or a mat of hair etc on the face of the AC evaporator coil. A flashlight and mirror are helpful to inspect the evaporator while the blower is out. Let me know how I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I SEE THAT THERE IS NO CABIN FILTER ON THIS 2004 MODEL. I HAVE NOT TAKEN BLOWER MOTOR OUT AS OF YET BUT I WILL BASED ON YOUR REQUEST TO SEE IF ANY DEBRIS OR SOMETHING IS CAUSING MY PROBLEM, THE AIR IS COLD BUT IS NOT COMING OUT FULLY
OK, the cage may have debris and it will restrict flow or any hair, fuzz etc on the evaporator will do the same. Let me know how I can help Thank you