mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

My 2001 Z71 transfer case is very low on fluid, what fluid

Customer Question

my 2001 Z71 transfer case is very low on fluid, what fluid do i use to bring it back up to full?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have my transmission in, getting ready to put the transfer case back in, I decided to check the fluid and it's very low, what fluid do I use to bring up the level?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: of course
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: to find out what fluid i need
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: its a 2001 silverado 1500 Z71 w/ a NP246gm transfer case w/elect shift
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  mike switzer replied 11 months ago.
dextron fluid will work just fine.