sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

After replacing dist,coil,fuel pmp,injectors,pressure reg get

Customer Question

After replacing dist,coil,fuel pmp,injectors,pressure reg get no spray out of injectors.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Distributor came apart while doing 65 mph. Tried to rebuild but ended up replacing. Once installed, got 0 spray out of injector. Once engine is started by priming, injectors work.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced pmp,injctrs,pressure reg. Trouble seems to be electrical
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: When bought,vehicles vac lines are not all being used, map sensor unplugged but s10 ran great.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
can you tell me the year and engine size and model vehicle this is ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
89 2.8 s10 tahoe
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
if you unplug the fuel injector connector with the key ON does one terminal show 12 volts ?if so will the other blink a ground using your test light when cranking it over ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have no tool to test for voltage
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
no test light ?with the cap off and cranking it over is the rotor spinning ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have test light. Am finding help to check rotor. It'll take a couple of mins.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
ok if the rotor spins then unplug the injector and connect your test light with the clip to the negative battery cable with the key ON does 1 terminal in the injector connector show 12 volts ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rotor spins. Engine runs if TBI is hand primed
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
then it will run fine once primed until you shut it off ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
if you have to hand prime it to run then these issues end up being a bad TPS sensor on the throttle body OR that is the wrong module in the distributorif it runs fine after its primed its usually one of those 2if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are we still in contact
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is tps?
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
throttle position sensoras seen here
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also, bought dist. from extremely reliable store owner. Knew more about my truck than all others I spoke with. How likely would it be that module is incorrect?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?Have you checked for spark at the time it will not start?