rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 05 h2 hummer battery dies after sitting with no ignition

Customer Question

My 05 h2 hummer battery dies after sitting with no ignition on; after 2-3 days or less
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There is some draw on the battery when no key is in ignition. Hoping this has been covered for some other owner of 05 era h2's.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Multi meter on all fuses. Nothing out of ordinary. This process after ignition off overnight.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Dvd and alarm system disconnected properly due to faulty wires. So, not those. 2 new batteries. Same problem. Mechanic cannot find draw either. Cannot determine if something runs sporatically i.e. Turns on/runs cycle at night when parked.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. I attached the procedure you need to fix this problem. Don't skip any points.Thanks, Ron