Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I plugged in my obd2 scan tool o read the codes and it says

Customer Question

i plugged in my obd2 scan tool o read the codes and it says no communication eco and it will not turn over with the key
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: do you charge me fore this and how much
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes and I'm trying to find a wiring schematic
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: trouble code already given
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GM
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. This is going to require a scan tool for access, NOT a code reader. We need to also check for power at PIN 16 at the computer connector.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi! my name is ***** ***** i have had so much trouble with this car it has been a nightmare I got the car at an auction.Bad move on my part to make a long story short I'm hopefully at the point where i just need to reset the security. i was told i could do so by putting the key in the ignition turning the key to the run position let stand for 10 mins turn it off for 10 mins then back to the run position for a last time and wait 10 more minutes. then start the car. I'm going outside and try this. Hopefully this will work and i will return inside and thank you for your help! my phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** you happen to get this and know of a reason i should not do this if you would give me a call i would greatly appreciate it! if not i will let you know whats happened in about 35 mins!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
so i successfully got the security off and tried to start it to no avail! Im already to my wits end! i called the guy and he says he's on his way over here to read the code or whatever!Ok so i did that and it was fine security went off and as soon as he started testing the circuits in the starting system it engaged the security again can u tell me if there is a way to temporarily disable the security system so he can diagnose the problem he is using the wiring schematics to test the starting system. he was testing the neutral safety switch wires pink and black is the hot supply and as soon as he touched these wires the security came back on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is there a repair manual that you possibly have that might assist in this uphill battle!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello, I am the Tech.working on the vehicle now.stared on it after a improper engine r and r. Problem-turned key no crank/found broken wires and part improperly installed.Now security needs to be disabled to perform diag.on starting system . Tell me how please.I am a tech. with good auto electrical experience.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok am i doing this right i been asking questions and more questions and haven't received any response a positive rating would be impossible like this
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.I might be able to help you, but before we begin, please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance; it is you, using the required equipment and tools the only one who can diagnose and ultimately fix your vehicle.Also, I need to get some basic information that will help me understand what the issue is:What's the year, make, model, engine size, auto or stick, 2 or 4WD?If the engine was replaced, was the replacement exactly the same?Any current scan tool data you can share?