Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified with 25+ years experience.
20625509

Ihave1988chevy celebrity,no injector pulse checked wiring and

Customer Question

Ihave1988chevy celebrity,no injector pulse checked wiring and it hasboth side of the injr I have a 1988 chevy celebrity with both sides of the injector plug are hot no ground so there isno pulse for the injector s what is causing this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car wont start occasionally turning the key the car would sometimes almost start thought possibly an ignition problem at one time I pulled teo sparkplug wires and fired the car and it started but now both sides of the injector plug are hot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Already changed the crank sensor and the module under the coil packs
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have great spark and fuel pressure is 40 lbs
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
I'm afraid to tell you that if you had already replaced the crank sensor, the ignition module and there are no codes, then most likely you are looking at a bad ecm/pcm.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
Are you sure the ecm/pcm is powering up? Does the check engine light come on for bulb check?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thasbwhat I was thinking knowing the ground for that circuit comes from the ecm I was afraid of that but thank you for your info . Have a good afternoon
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
You are welcome and don't forget to rate me well so I get credit.