Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

GM S10: I have a 1998 s10 with a 2.2 with a startting problem

Customer Question

I have a 1998 s10 with a 2.2 with a startting problem thought it was the fuelpump so I replaced it still won't start spray carb cleaner in the throttle body starts and runs til I stop spraying fuel filter is new what could it be crank sensor passlock system relay is good
Category: GM
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you checked fuel pressure? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 40 psi
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Try the following relearn procedure and let me know if it helps. Thanks.-https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6ix9pf7ythq3y2/relearns.pdf?dl=0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this shut down the starter too the truck turns over and fires when I spray carb cleaner in the air box I will try this tomorrow and let you know so is the key switch bad
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The security system will disable the injectors so vehicle will still run on starting fluid. Let me know if relearn helps, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't do the relearn cleaned the injectors and it started but barley seems like it's running on one cylinder spray carb cleaner in the box while it's running and it smooths right out. What is wrong
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like your injectors are clogged. Remove injector rail and watch spray pattern, if it seems to be weak or inconsistent replace the injectors. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't got the rail off yet I'll know more this weekend then I will rate you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thanks.