Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

GM Escalade: 2015 Escalade having occaisional vibration in

Customer Question

2015 Escalade having occaisional vibration in cabin when the motor is running..thought is was an aspirator for the temperature sensors as in my 2011 Escalade, but the 2015 apparently doesn't have aspirators...does anyone know what this may be?
Category: GM
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.
When do you feel/hear this? How long does it run?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
anytime the motor is running and the climate control is on...it is almost constant, but not always loud
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it seems to be from inside the roof liner
There are a couple of bulletins from GM that talk about a noise that's actually coming from the rear of the cabin with AC on, and the root cause on both of those is the rear AC lines rattling together. That doesn't sound like what you have going on, but it is worth mentioning. I don't really have anything else on this, it would take some investigation and disassembly work to pinpoint whatever it is. There aren't any other historical problems that fit this bill on the newer Escalades, you'll have to have your dealer tech take a ride with you, experience what you're talking about, and he'll have to get into it and see what's going on. This is a very sensory thing, lots of times, a tech can just listen to or feel something, and know immediately what it is by the sound of it, or he may need to gain access into the headliner and see if there's something amiss up there. It's under warranty, so by all means, have your dealer address this for you. The only thing I have on this is the rear AC lines, which I wouldn't completely discount because these noises can fool you.