Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My "engine coolant hot" warning came up and I'm driving home

Customer Question

My "engine coolant hot" warning came up and I'm driving home from the airport by myself. I stopped a midnight store to buy some. They have the 59/50 (no add water). My questions are:
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: 1. How long do I wait to put some in? My husband is out of town but thought there was a leak last week, so it's likely low/empty
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: 2. Where does it go once I let the engine cool?
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It's not the AC...its anti-freeze that has slowly been leaking out.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GM
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I need the year, make, model, and engine to see where your coolant cap is. It will either be on the radiator or on the degas bottle. The cap will have a pressure reading on like 13 psi for example. Once the top radiator hose (2 inches in diameter) going from the engine to the radiator can be squezzed flat with ease then it is safe to remove the coolant cap to add coolant to the system. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris