George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+years ASE Master W/L1 Drivability

Need the brake light switch diagram. Was changing the brake

Customer Question

Need the brake light switch diagram. Was changing the brake light switch and while unplugging the connector it pulled out. Need to know where the wires come from to the connector.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: As far as I know.
JA: Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not at this time
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GM
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, What is the year, make and model of your vehicle?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1999 GMC Yukon SLE
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The connector has 6 wires in the following colors: dark green/light green/brown/purple/orange/white
Just the connector for the switch? I will get it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes the connector came out with about 6 inches of the wires with it.
Hello again Click here for diagram Let me know if this is what you need Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does it matter that my connector does not look like either of these. My connector is flat not rectangle like these you provided. Also my vehicle is 4wd where the diagram you provided is for a 2wd.
That would be different Can you post a picture of what you are seeing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Picture attached
In your harness you have the same wires? The diagram I posted is a connector that has the letter locations of the wire color. Is the connector marked with letters? How about the connector socket on the switch? I just need to know which end is the A end. Should be the white end. Are you going to splice this connector into your harness? The connector only plugs into the switch one way so can you just splice color to color for your connection?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't find the other ends under the dash
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What would the routing be
The harness view is here Click let me know how I can help, those wires run up through the harness to the turn signal switch, fuse block and cruise control module. C227 is the connector I posted first.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The link to the harness view did not come through
Let me try it again Click Let me know if that works for you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After going out and looking the ends May have been pulled from out of the back of C100 of the diagram. How do you remove C100 from the firewall?
The C100 connector is mounted on a bracket I think. I don't have specific procedure for removal. If you can post a picture of the connector I can probably make it out.
Is there a locking lever on the connector that you can lift so the halves come out or do you have a central bolt that can be loosened to separate?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
See attached pictures
It looks like the tab on the leg can be pulled out and the tab on the right side moved to release it. I think this one they just shove onto the bracket and the plastic tabs lock on. I can't see exactly what is holding the left side from the pics.