GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Every so often the starter cranks and it will not start. Battery

Customer Question

Every so often the starter cranks and it will not start. Battery appears strong enough. It is like the starter does not engage the flywheel. New starter and solonoid have not fixed the problem.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: After sitting for a bit.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: It is fairly new and very strong.
JA: Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I have it downtown where the starter was replaced, due to its warranty.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GM
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.
Hi. What type of car is this? Also does it sound like the starter is turning but not engaging the engine?