Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as An ASE certified Tech

I got a code p0894 a torque converter clutch solenoid needs

Customer Question

I got a code p0894 a torque converter clutch solenoid needs to be replace we're is it located at
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: It's on a 2004 Chevrolet trailblazer is 4.2 liter 2wd
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: The truck runs fine it just slips when you go in first gear
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,The TCC solenoid is located in the valve body . I have enclosed location in the first link and the removal steps in the link below. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them. take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.Thank you again.