mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

My 2006 duramax go to 4 gear when u put in drive. the dealer

Customer Question

my 2006 duramax go to 4 gear when u put in drive. the dealer say it the tcm
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: it won't shift out of 4 gear when u r driving
JA: Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: when it first start doing that I could shut off the truck and it would fix it self for a bit
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GM
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
i wouldnt jump to a tcm right away these transmission have problems with valves sticking in the valve body. i would have the pan dropped by a shop to the can remove the valve body and ensure all the valves are operating smoothly and that the shift solenoids are not sticking. before i went the route of a pcm.