Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GM chevy: OK I have a duramax 2003 . started out to were the

Customer Question

OK I have a duramax 2003 . started out to were the fuel filter was going soft and figured fuel pressure regulator was going bad at which at at that time before it had white smoke. And after change of for still had white smoke. So figured change fprv did that still white smoke. Then it got gradually worse put a new fuel prime pump adapter and cat filter assembly on it new hoses and all. Then started to not want to start when warmed up so I got injectors and had new injectors put on flow bench before I put them all checked in speck! So put them in and put a Kennedy diesel lift pump twin in before start up to make sure I had no leaks in main feed lines. Went to start and had to pump primer till it started. Now no fuel in oil and when truck is running if you pump primer button when running it sounds good but ass soon you quit primming you here motor drop in sound. Is that a cp3 pump prob then all lines and hoses new but it don't smoke white any more is that cp3 pump issues then still no fuel in oil
Category: GM
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also fuel pressure relief valve and regulator SS lines installed with injector swap
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No you pump primer you can hear difference in motor when you quit and it sucks filter dry. Take it of after running and has may be 1/4 cup fuel come out
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Are you able to check the fuel pump pressure?Do you have a scan tool to check the high pressure pump actual and desired pressure?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating at the top of your screen was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris