Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as An ASE certified Tech

P2610 ecm/pcm internal engine off timer performance 2006 Chevy

Customer Question

P2610 ecm/pcm internal engine off timer performance 2006 Chevy duramax LLY
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Gauge cluster is dead
JA: Anything else I can tell the GM Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: U0101 lost communication with tcm and P2510 ecm/pcm power sense circuit range perf.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GM
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The code P2610 can set due to any of the following, and usually can be solved with doing a reset. See the steps in the link below to reset it. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Run this procedure first and see if the problem clears. Engine Control Module (ECM) CalibrationEngine Control Module (ECM) Reset
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, it is the same, but no one has answered the gauge cluster question yet. This was my original problem with the vehicle. BTW, I'm doing this on a phone so I can't copy and paste.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Okay what type of problem are you having with the cluster?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The problem is the gauges are dead, all of them.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
You may have a problem with the cluster but because your getting the fault code P2610 you should try doing the ECM reset first. If it resets it may also solve the problem with the cluster and needs to be done first to see.