GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GM Solstice: , I am having a difficult time replacing

Customer Question

Hello, I am having a difficult time replacing a rear strut on a 2006 Pontiac solstice. I have used a tool to remove the ball joints, but the only one that came out was the sway bar. I cannot get the top A arm thread to release or the tie rod to come loose. I rented a tie rod removal tool, but it does not fit. I already tore the boot of the top A arm's ball joint. I am at the end of my rope, but I'm beyond the point of return...
Category: GM
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Basically I can't get the strut out because the assembly is jammed together.
Expert:  DanielJones replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me a picture of the area you are having a problem with? Did you only remove the two top nuts on the strutThank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All 4 strutbolts have been removed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can provide pictures in a minute.
ok
Are you able to send me pictures?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I fixed everything, but I tore a bunch of ball joints in the process. I am taking it to a shop for those parts to get fixed.
Good to hear you were able to fix it. Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****