GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My check engine light won't go off even after the car has been

Customer Question

My check engine light won't go off even after the car has been fixed. I cannot pass my smog check with it on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No, sorry I don't. I do have an appointment at Pep Boys to look at the problem but it's almost $90.00 just for an estimate.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the GM Mechanic to figure that out. Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: GM
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 8 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist what was the code and what did they do to fix it??? if the light is back on, the issue is still there and not fixed lets start with the code Roy