GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Working with a 2007 chevy 4.2 dohc in line 6. i need the

Customer Question

hi Ken, working with a 2007 chevy 4.2 dohc in line 6. i need the head bolt torque specs and proper procedure. i was lucky enough to remove all head, main and rod bolts without issue, but having trouble with installation of the head bolts. properly cleaned holes would not accept the new bolts without binding and galling. on race engines we always oil all bolts especially aluminium heads and blocks. i had to oil these bolts as to even screw them into the block. what is your recommendation and what are the specs? thank you in advance, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, we had rod bering failure and had to cut the crank .010 and .010.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 6 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

what model truck???