FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified

How to reset electronic control module in a 2001 chevrolet

Customer Question

How to reset electronic control module in a 2001 chevrolet surburban with security
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Are you just looking for the procedure for resetting the security system? What is going on with the vehicle?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Gauges don't work half the time.lights come on .go off like a relay is not working properly. Changed the cluster.did not help.thay told me it was control module. Than changed that but thay said it would have to be reset because of the security on the vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I never got a response
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I was unable to get to my computer yesterday. To answer your question, a new module needs to be programmed to the vehicle. The only way that this can be done is with a factory computer scan tool with the programming. This will usually come with the module unless you purchased it used.