Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech

I have a 2008 Yukon XL and had the oil changed two weeks

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Yukon XL and had the oil changed two weeks ago. Last week, the oil pressure sensor starting dinging so I took it back to the place that changed the oil and they said the oil pressure sensor needed replacing. I replaced that two days ago but it's still going off and saying to shut off engine now. What is the problem or does it just need to be reset?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The oil pressure gauge continuously fluctuates and goes to 0 mostly when at a stop although it will go to 0 when slowing down. When I accelerate, it will get close to the mid range but the light/sensor/dinging continues off and on. I thought this would be alleviated when the oil pressure sensor was replaced but it hasn't been.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

there is nothing to reset with this oil pressure sensor system

5.3 or 6.0 ?

does this engine have cylinder deactivation ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is 5.3 and does not have cylinder deactivation. Could resetting the computer change the way the signal is processed thru the sensor?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

no there is no reset

the next step to be taken is to remove the oil sensor and connect in a mechanical oil pressure gauge and see what the oil pressure is reading next

we basically have to know if in fact the oil pressure is low or not

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer