sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2007 H2 Hummer cuts off when it is hot outside while

Customer Question

Hello Pearl , my 2007 H2 Hummer cuts off when it is hot outside while sitting for more than 20 minutes. The rear view outside temp gage reads all the way to 119 F before the truck shuts off
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hello Pearl , my 2007 H2 Hummer cuts off when it is hot outside while sitting for more than 20 minutes. The rear view outside temp gage reads all the way to 119 F before the truck shuts off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No but I have spent over $5000 to the dealer for them to tell me they do not know what the problem is . If I can fix this myself I will
JA: OK! The GM Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: When I finally get the car up to a fast speed on the highway it does not cut off anymore . It is as if high wind blowing over the radiator or the engine cools it off so that the car does not cut off anymore
JA: Our top GM Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the GM Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the GM Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: GM
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could be going on. You may be losing spark due to a cam or crank signal issue, the engine controller itself may be going down due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground, you may be losing fuel pressure, it could be a wiring or power distribution issue.

What has been done try to and repair it?